RolePlay, Chat, Make Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying.

+5
Blood-Vampire
starr
Britt-21
ScarletTheKitty
administrator bailey.
9 posters

Go down

Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying. Empty Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying.

Post  administrator bailey. Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 pm

So I have had a few ideas for my roleplays, but I want to see if anyone really is interested in them before I go full out and make this roleplay with new things that nobody will join.

So basically, we all are used to making our own charries. That usually helps, but then there is the pressure of having to go and meet new people in the roleplay, which could take for days, and having to do all this stuff that takes up a lot of time. And also, sometimes it just doesn't fit the plote. So I want to introduce Premades into my roleplays.

Premades are already made forms, listening traits, relationships, names, and the given looks. An example would be this:

Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying. Tumblr_m3scwo9X5L1ruzsf2o2_250
'the guy who every girl wants, and knows it'
andrew 'andy' veeta // eighteen // zac efron // bailey
jerk // cruel // conceited
hooking up with alexandra & beth // deny feelings for bree // best friends with mason & carter
secret: his feelings for bree, he acts as though he just wants to get with her around his friends, but he can't ever tell them about that feeling he gets when he's around her

at the top, it is what he is known as. people see him as that kind of person, the guy everyone wants.
so let me break this down. your character would be the looks of zac efron. in this premade, his name is andrew (andy for short) veeta. he is eighteen and again, zac efron is his looks. my name is on the end because it shows who plays him.
three traits are under that. basically these would sum up his personality. he is a jerk. he is cruel. he is concieted. meaning that is his personality, though you can add your own spin to it, making him sarcastic as well. those are just his three MAIN traits.
under his what he is doing. all those other names, there will be premades for them, and their own personality. see here, is where it is more dramatic, and helps you instantly get to roleplaying with people instead of just standing around.
in this, andrew is hooking up with two girls, alexandra & beth. he denies his feelings for bree. and his two best friends are mason & carter. you would stick to these plots, meaning you would treat the two best friends as your character would treat them for friends. have him hook up with the girls he is chosen. and have him deny feelings for another girl.
at the end is a secret, at which nobody knows unless told.

now, let me say that this isn't the form that always will be it. you won't always given traits, or given a secret, it all depends on the roleplay.

i know it's complicated, but i do it on this other website to roleplay and it is so much fun, and so dramatic. this would basically be commonly used for advanced roleplays.

do you think i should just keep this at the other site, that it just is to complicated for here?
administrator bailey.
administrator bailey.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying. Empty Re: Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying.

Post  ScarletTheKitty Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:12 pm

I'm all for it!
ScarletTheKitty
ScarletTheKitty

Location : Check under your bed...Now slowly turn around *smirk*

Back to top Go down

Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying. Empty Re: Wanting to bring new stuff to roleplaying.

Post  Britt-21 Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:58 pm

im confuesed
Britt-21
Britt-21
Mini Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  starr Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 pm

i love this idea!
i roleplay on tumblr too, and the only style is premade characters. it is my favorite way to rp, personally.(:
starr
starr
Mini Mod

http://wiltedass.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood-Vampire Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Not trying to be mean or anything Bailey but I think your changing the site alittle to much. Some of us are getting cinfused and left behind cause we don't know what's going on. I think the idea and all it's just you've been changing a lot in the past few days.

And again. I'm NOT trying to be mean. I'm just giving my idea.
Blood-Vampire
Blood-Vampire
Roleplaying Legend

http://immortalvampires.forumotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:56 pm

I agree with vampire, Im already confused just by reading this. I think the rp site is perfectly fine. We dont need more things that are just going to throw us off track and be like 'what happened? I dont even know where/what to do anymore' just because of these changes. To avoid that, dont change it so much. The site-changing itself is fine and beautiful with the rps in 3 sections and the new mods and minimods. Even if you want to try out these new things, I think it'll somewhat fail since we have some younger people on this site and are alittle slow (like my age and lower and no im not 10. Im alittle older.) and dont know what to expect.

Not to be rude. But I believe there is enough changes.
Britt-21
Britt-21
Mini Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood-Vampire Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:06 pm

Also not to be rude. Again. I feel like you pick favorites. Like by how they RP. Almost every one of he new MiniMods and Mods are advanced. Like they write 2 or 3 paragraphs for each person.
Blood-Vampire
Blood-Vampire
Roleplaying Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost_In_LaLa_Land Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:43 am

I also roleplay on gaiaonline and this reminds me a lot of it - except this looks more like a reserve. i'm used to having pre-set with roles and everything and sometimes even charries. i don't roleplay on tumblr... o-o didn't know you could do that. it looks fun, i've never really done it with you guys so... cool. cx i'm cool with that.

to the part about favorites, i know this may sound biased or maybe bad but to me i think mini-mods and mods must be mature and usually you can tell that they are when you see how they write and how they speak. if you're speaking text talk and trying to reason with an angry member, or something of that sort, it usually looks kind of... bad for the website. Most of the more advanced roleplayers are older members of the site, also.
Lost_In_LaLa_Land
Lost_In_LaLa_Land
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  administrator bailey. Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:37 am

ok. let me just a few of you straight.

first off, i'm not saying everyone on roleplay has to do this. this is a change i want personally on MY roleplays, not everyone else's. i don't expect everyone to change just because i did. also, i'd hope you'd appreciate the work i've done for this site these past weeks. not only did it take hours to take up all these changes, but i made sure other suggestions were taken in consideration, and helped a lot of people.

and no, i didn't choose favorites. not sure if you know this, but i only talk to about 3 people on this site, and they DESERVED their titles. if i was choosing favorites, lala would be a moderator, and so would jenova and wolves. but they aren't. because i chose it based on maturity, time spent on, and the way they handle situations. i chose advanced also, because we need expirenced members to partake in this.

so, no, i'm not changing this site. this roleplay thing isn't for everyone, it's something personal, again for MY roleplays, not for everyone else's. you people complain about all the themes, every change. you know, maybe you should just go pay for foopets if you want it to be exactly like it.
administrator bailey.
administrator bailey.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blood-Vampire Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:51 am

Well sorry for saying what I thought. And I never said I didn't like what you do on the site. I just said you were doing so much in one or two days people were getting confused. And there's no need to get all snappy with me. All i was doing was speaking my mind.
Blood-Vampire
Blood-Vampire
Roleplaying Legend

Back to top Go down

Post  administrator bailey. Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 am

I'm an admin, I see what you post, so I'd appreciate if the truth was spoken from you. I've seen your posts about how you don't like the theme. And all the changes. Quite frankly, the same excuses have come in my inbox and I'm tired of it. "The layout is to confusing" "I don't like change" "The old theme was better". But then when Guard and I bring back the old theme we get complaints about how we never change our layout, and how they hate this one.

You shouldn't have spoken your mind in the first place without carefully reviewing my post. It says in the first couple lines it's only for MY roleplay, and MY use. Not yours. It's not the fact that you don't like it at what makes me mad, I don't care about that. It's the fact that you decided to complain about the changes, and everything Guard and I have done. You should appreciate it. And if you had something to say, you should have said it in a private message without causing an uprising in this post. Because now I'm going to settle this on this forum and not bother private messaging you.
administrator bailey.
administrator bailey.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Fire-Wolf Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:53 am

bailey please calm down there is no real reason to be mad poeple speacking their mind is how this site gets better. And even though i'm just a member on this site i know that you cant please everyone so just calm down a let people speak. As for this being about your role plays, it is but everyone has a right to know how to do this so they can choose if they want to or not in full understanding. So before you go off on me or anyone esle think before you type.
Fire-Wolf
Fire-Wolf
Devoted Member

Back to top Go down

Post  ScarletTheKitty Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:50 pm

Oh god. Listen, guys.

'MIND SPEAKERS':
Bailey has done alot for this site. Could any of you have done this? You were all saying you wanted a change and guess what? You got it. And you're still complaining. Sometimes, it's better to keep you're thoughts to yourself. So yeah, I can understand why Bailey is going off on you. Put yourself in her shoes. How would you feel? After putting all that work in and getting nothing but complaints.Plus, she even let us VOTE! God, you guys just aren't appricative. And DON'T even go saying that I'm defending Bailey because she me a Mod. I would've posted this anyways. And as for the roleplaying forums? She didn't say YOU had to use them. She was asking you if you thought SHE should use them on HER roleplays.

BAILEY:
Calm down. I know, it's been stressful. Believe me, I KNOW stress. Stress is my ROOMATE. But just try to explain it to them alittle more. They obviously don't understand the Premade thing.

EDIT: Oh, and favorites? Are you frikin kidding me? Can y'all frikin get off her back for a minute?
ScarletTheKitty
ScarletTheKitty

Location : Check under your bed...Now slowly turn around *smirk*

Back to top Go down

Post  RiseAbove Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:19 pm

Bailey, if you're making a roleplay like described, I'd like to see it. I don't know if I'll join. It all depends on if the storyline/characters interest me.

It would definitely be a slow paced group roleplay for sure.
RiseAbove
RiseAbove
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  serendipity-rae Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:06 pm

bringing something new to the RP scene on here? ilikeit.

serendipity-rae
serendipity-rae
Roleplayer

http://aca-ward.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down