RolePlay, Chat, Make Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking about leaving... :(

+2
RiseAbove
Dancin' Kate
6 posters

Go down

Thinking about leaving... :( Empty Thinking about leaving... :(

Post  Dancin' Kate Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:20 am

Hey guys...
I don't know how to put this, so I'm just going to say it:
I am honestly considering quitting.
Before you even click that 'reply' button to beg me to stay or to yell at me or whatever, at least take a look at my reasons. They're not just 'Oh, I don't like it anymore' or 'Im growing tired of it'; they're legitimate reasons.

1.) I have my big tests coming up soon- CST's. Believe it or not, but I'd rather not repeat algebra 1 next year in high school. This means,
a. I have to use my precious time to study because these tests are in a week from now for me.
b. I have a shit-ton of CST Prep homework everynight (four column proofs are NOT the funnest thing to do).

2.) My social life is getting pretty active. I have friends coming over during the week to help teach me how to play soccer (I want to play next season on the high school team) and practicing my life-long-loved volleyball. I WILL be joining the volleyball team next year, there is no doubt about that. I also have a lot of friends asking me to come over and spend the night or if they can come over.

3.) I play the violin and I love playing it. I try to dedicate around half an hour of practice/fiddling around on that peice of wood. Also, I'm entering a solo performance in my school's talent show coming up in May.

4.) I am a devoted Christian and I NEED time to spend with my Bible and with God. I am trying to devote somewhere around half an hour to an hour to just studying the Word and talking with God. For those of you who do not believe in God, I can understand why you don't agree with this being a reason, but it doesn't change the way I feel.

5.) I am psychicaly active. I take a ten minute jog around my street with my dog, practice volleyball with myself for fifteen to twenty minutes, and do an intense abdominal workout for twenty-five minutes. Added with the soccer practice... that's around two hours.

6.) My Dad is a United States Marine. That means I hardly get to see him during the week. Not to mention, but at the end of April (this month) he's getting deployed to Afghanistan for eight months. I want to spend as much time as possible with him before he leaves. ;(

With all of this put together, you can see why it's hard for me to find time to come on and hang our or RolePlay. I don't know, things might change and become more stable or go the completely opposite direction. Neutral
I'm not saying that this is the last you'll ever hear from me and that this is goodbye, no. All I'm saying is that... well, that goodbye may come a lot sooner that expected.
Please remember to take into consideration everything I've said and laid out for you folks before you type up a reply. :]
Much love,
Katlynne
Dancin' Kate
Dancin' Kate

http://"Wattpad"-http://www.wattpad.com/user/Kate1013

Back to top Go down

Thinking about leaving... :( Empty Re: Thinking about leaving... :(

Post  RiseAbove Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:37 pm

Enjoy yourself, Kate :) Your schedule is so packed!

Easter is coming up so if I don't see you then, Happy Easter to you! :D I admire your devotion to Christianity
RiseAbove
RiseAbove
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Supa-Bacon-Cat Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 pm

I totally understand. But that doesn't mesn that I won't miss you terribly. It is nice to see that you are a devote Christian. :) I'm getting confirmed in May. With all of the school stuff, I agree. I have big tests in school and essays, and projects, and homework. High school is very time consuming. We are actually in school for like, 8 hours instead of 7 in my school. I am in color guard so that takes a lot of time. I play the oboe. I can totally relate to you. I'm sorry to hear sbout your dad being deployed soon. I understand how hard it is to not have your dad there. I live in illinois and my dad lives in washington d.c. i see him every 34 months. I don't blame you for needing to leave. But if you have any extra time, maybe you can email me sometime? lovedogs39@aol.com

<3 you Kate!
Supa-Bacon-Cat
Supa-Bacon-Cat
Admin

Location : In the arena with Katniss, Finnick, Peeta, and Rue<3

http://www.roleplay2dream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolves-Rule1 Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Aw that sucks that you might leave. I'm quite busy myself these days. I hope you have a great time with everything. And alot of people arm in the army and stuff where I leave so I know how hard that can be. I have friends that call be sobbing because their dads have to leave again. Well I hope to still see you around.

~Wolves
Wolves-Rule1
Wolves-Rule1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lost_In_LaLa_Land Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:10 pm

I can understand that. I just feel like an idiot because I just private messaged you about the roleplay we would've made. :3 Umm, well, IDK what to say.

For number one, I quit a website before just to get back onto my grades. The teacher for PreAlgebra was almost convinced I would fail, instead I got a high C. =\ Hell, I quit this website for a while because I did get tired of it. Why isn't that legitimate reason? I mean, why do something you're no longer having fun with doing? School is always number one, well other than family. That's your education, and I like how seriously you take it.
For number two, I pretty much have no social life. xD My life is basically: go to school, take care of baby after school, go home then do nothing. Why do you think I'm on this site? I congratulate you for not being antisocial, because I honestly have no other way to socialize with people when my life consists of living in three buildings and that's pretty much it. You're really lucky, have fun with your 'childhood' and make memories of playing freaking soccer and volleyball - not roleplaying on the internet.
For number three, I play the flute. The thing is, I don't have a passion for it like you seem to have for the violin. I was basically forced into playing it, and I never practice. I wish I could put some heart into making my music, and maybe I will. You inspire me. :] When I do play it, it's kind of amazing that such an object can make such beautiful music. In a way, I like playing it, I just never really cared much for what I have. I have three dents near the mouth piece. xD
For number four, go for it chica. I take what I said back. First is your Lord, second family, then education (yourself). I'm a Catholic, I go to a Catholic school and have to attend Mass every Friday. good for you for really being devoted.
For number five, you're taking care of yourself. IDEK why I'm replying to each of your reasons, but I am and I congratulate you for not being lazy. :3
For number six, quit the site. Just quit it and spend as much time as you can with him. IK you're going to treasure it, you have to. Because I would kill just to have a hug from my daddy, hear his voice again, see his face. I have pictures, but it's not the same thing. That's all i have to say. Spend as much time with him as possible.
Lost_In_LaLa_Land
Lost_In_LaLa_Land
Roleplayer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dancin' Kate Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:35 pm

Wow... I got a little teary-eyed at the end there, Bookies. :)
You guys, I truly thank you all for understanding my situation. Really, it's nice to not get yelled at. xP
But Books, I hope that wasn't your good-bye, 'cause I'm not leaving right now. xD I'm just saying that I may quit.
Dancin' Kate
Dancin' Kate

http://"Wattpad"-http://www.wattpad.com/user/Kate1013

Back to top Go down

Post  administrator bailey. Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:39 pm

If or when you quit, I know you will be missed. You're very loved here, and I know everyone is here for you if you ever stop in just to say hello, or need advice.

I wanted to make a comment that I really admire how devoted you are to your religion. I wish I could stick to something like that like you do, but I can't. I really hope you don't loose your touch with God, and continue to do your prayers and whatever it is you do xD. (as you can see, i don't know much about Christianity.)

As for your dad, I really advise you to spend time with him. We aren't your real family, go and have fun with your dad! Though my real life dad is here, my step father isn't, and he was more of a dad then my real dad is. I miss him dearly every day, and regret some of the times I blew him off for my Internet obsession. I do everyday.

Anyways, good luck, if you do quit! And Happy Easter!
administrator bailey.
administrator bailey.
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Supa-Bacon-Cat Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:59 am

I agree with Bailey :) We'll always be here for you if you ever want to stop in. If you do quit, you can leave your account for if you ever need advice or someone to talk to. Spend time with your dad! I wish I had before mine moved halfway across the country. Make sure he knows that you love him and are proud of him. When is he leaving? Whenever he does, I'll make sure to pray for him. I'll even try to get him in the prayer bulletin in my church :)
Supa-Bacon-Cat
Supa-Bacon-Cat
Admin

Location : In the arena with Katniss, Finnick, Peeta, and Rue<3

http://www.roleplay2dream.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down