RolePlay, Chat, Make Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cyber Bullying-Everyone Must Read

+2
Kat
That-Awkward-Kid
6 posters

Go down

Cyber Bullying-Everyone Must Read Empty Cyber Bullying-Everyone Must Read

Post  That-Awkward-Kid Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:18 am

The issue of cyberbullying on this site has been brought to me and now i am going to act on it.

Cyberbullying- when a child, preteen or teen is tormented, threatened, harassed, humiliated, embarrassed or otherwise targeted by another child, preteen or teen using the Internet, interactive and digital technologies or mobile phones Cite: http://www.stopcyberbullying.org/what_is_cyberbullying_exactly.html

There are laws against Cyberbullying in all 50 states of America and to my knoweledge only one member doesnt live in america and she/he wasnt involved in this incident anyway.

I have gotten several complaints from at least six members about different people all on different sides of this bullying. What is going on is serious and very wrong. A member on this site has threatened to commit suicide because of this and this is a very serious thing. You might just shrug it off or laugh thinking they are not serious, but there have been other cyber bullied minors who committed suicide. An example of this is Phoebe Prince. You can google her or i have a few websites listed below explaining her death. She was cyberbullied by a group of girls for a stupid reason and at the age of fifteen she ended her life.

Cyberbullying is a serious matter. I made this site to be a happy place for everyone so we can all roleplay together. Not so people can gang up on others and drive them towards suicide. You may not realize this but what you say has a bigger effect on people than you think. Think before you hit the enter because you never know when what you say will be the end of someones life.

You may not care about these people, but i do and so do their families and friends. All of these people on this website have a life outside of roleplaying and you have to understand their lives may not be the greatest and maybe they come here for a little happiness in their lives. By cyberbullying them you are taking that little bit of happiness away that they have.

In the case of Phoebe Prince, after she had killed herself one of her tourmentors went on Facebook and posted 'Mission Accomplished' in a status update. Can you imagine how heartless this girl was? I know none of you are like that and you may not have meant to hurt anyones feelings but you have and this must stop before it gets too far. I will personally PM everyone involved and have them read this.

I have heard this cyberbullying has taken place in the ChatBox as well as PM. I am ashamed of those participating in this because i never expected this of our members. I am going to remove the chatbox for one or two weeks depending on responses to this post and i am also considering suspending PMing.

I never want this to happen again and if it does the consequences will be unimaginable. I hope i have been clear.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/phoebe_prince_15_commits_suici.php
http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010-03-29/news/27060348_1_facebook-town-hall-meetings-school-library
http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2010/01/24/the_untouchable_mean_girls/
http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=10231357

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2010/04/06/dr-dale-archer-phoebe-prince-south-hadley-mass-bullying-death-da/
That-Awkward-Kid
That-Awkward-Kid
Admin

https://keeproleplaying.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Cyber Bullying-Everyone Must Read Empty Re: Cyber Bullying-Everyone Must Read

Post  Kat Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 am

Well said Guard. I agree 100%

Kat
Kat
Roleplaying Prodigy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:32 pm

I'm not exactly sure you should take away the chat boxes and PM because people do need to talk in private ocasionally ... But thanks for making the post.

Another one of cyber bullying is Amanda Cummings. She's from where I live so this really made me upset. Its sad how people dontt think. I'm going to admit. I've said thingsa bout people and I have been annoyying but im really changing my ways.

Just I hope this gets into everyones minds.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post  That-Awkward-Kid Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:00 pm

Yeah i decided not to take away PM but i am removing the chatbox for a weekk. I will put it back on next Friday.
That-Awkward-Kid
That-Awkward-Kid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Britt-21 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:29 pm

I agree strongly
Britt-21
Britt-21
Mini Mod

Back to top Go down

Post  CMStone Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:28 pm

I have a feeling this is pointed towards Cayden, who actually doesn't live in America... but whatever. Hey I agree that Cyber bullying is wrong... but in this case I would just like to defend my friend and say that he was being verbally assaulted first. He has a very... strong personality... so he has to fight back. He wasn't bullying anyone... and you wrongly kicked him off. And then, some of you, attempt to apologize to him after getting him banned...

And then you go and do use his suggestions... jeez... if he saw you changed the font on here he'd be pisssssed. Man... This is actually all starting to make me mad. I'm going to leave before I piss you all off. Just... you really hurt him... he's gone through so much and this is just the straw on camels back, you dig? That's all...
CMStone
CMStone
Beginner

Back to top Go down

Post  That-Awkward-Kid Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:22 pm

I didnt ban him someone else did and they didnt realize they were supposed to give him a warning first. He wasnt bullying anyone but the fight im talking about did happen because he left.

I was told he quit before he was banned and i unbanned him and made the changes specifically so if he came back he would be happier. Im sure the side of the story im hearing isnt the whole thing so i made the changes to try to get him to come back because i know a lot of people really liked him. I didnt really know him that well but he seemed pretty cool to me.
That-Awkward-Kid
That-Awkward-Kid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ScarletTheKitty Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:07 pm

I agree on everything but one thing. Honestly, ive been on the Chatbox alot, and i think it should go. (i like the font by the way)because, well, chatbox mods arent on all the time, and when they arent ive seen people saying some things.....ANYWAY, yeah, i think the chatbox should go because thats where ive seen alot of the bullying.
ScarletTheKitty
ScarletTheKitty

Location : Check under your bed...Now slowly turn around *smirk*

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolves-Rule1 Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Your-Guardian-Angel wrote:I didnt ban him someone else did and they didnt realize they were supposed to give him a warning first. He wasnt bullying anyone but the fight im talking about did happen because he left.

I was told he quit before he was banned and i unbanned him and made the changes specifically so if he came back he would be happier. Im sure the side of the story im hearing isnt the whole thing so i made the changes to try to get him to come back because i know a lot of people really liked him. I didnt really know him that well but he seemed pretty cool to me.

The fight was me and a small hand full of people. I know that. I don't think the chat box should be taken off. I was on it pretty much every time I was on. And there really wasn't that much bullying... Other then when we were messing around.But it was never ment to really hurt someone. And if it did I'll say sorry for me and all of my friends.

~ Wolves
Wolves-Rule1
Wolves-Rule1
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down